Apply for a scholarship to attend Greenbuild 2016 in Los Angeles, CA
USGBC is excited to provide scholarship opportunities to attend Greenbuild 2016 Iconic Green, in Los Angeles.
Scholarships increase access to Greenbuild and serve as a point of entry for people new to the green movement. Scholarships are competitive, and preference is given to individuals from under-represented audiences and who demonstrate a need for a scholarship. These scholarships allow USGBC to invest in individuals who share our vision and want to be champions for the movement. Hear from several Greenbuild 2015 scholarship recipients
to get an insider's look on how you can benefit from a scholarship!
NOTE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS:
- SCHOLARSHIP #3: GREENBUILD + COMMUNITIES & AFFORDABLE HOMES SUMMIT + TRAVEL& LODGING SCHOLARSHIP, AS OF WEDNESDAY, JULY 13
- SCHOLARSHIP #4: INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS, AS OF FRIDAY, JUNE 24.
Two types of scholarships are available:
- Communities & Affordable Homes Summit Scholarship includes Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration. This scholarship is specifically reserved for minority professionals working in community development. Travel arrangements and hotel lodging are not included. DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 31, 6:00 PM ET
- Greenbuild + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit Scholarship includes Greenbuild three day conference registration + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration + 1 year subscription with unlimited access to Education @USGBC. Travel arrangements and hotel lodging are not included. DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 31, 6:00 PM ET
- Be 18 years or older as of September 30, 2016
- Have not attended Greenbuild in the past
- Not be USGBC staff, USGBC Chapters staff, or hold a USGBC volunteer leadership position (i.e. Board of Directors, committees)
- Demonstrate a valid and reasonable need for the scholarship as evidenced by the inability to attend Greenbuild without one, due to financial, location, and/or professional constraints
- Demonstrate how his or her background merits receipt of a scholarship
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing the green building mission within local communities
- Provide at least one valid letter of recommendation
Applicants may only apply for one
of the scholarships offered. Individuals who are under 25 years old or are enrolled as full time students are eligible for three day conference pass registration through the USGBC volunteer program
USGBC Volunteer positions are also available for individuals who are not selected for or do not meet the scholarship requirements. USGBC Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age and full time student OR a young professional age 25 and under. Full time students are defined as being enrolled in at least 12 credits for undergraduate and 9 credits for graduate students. In exchange for working a minimum of eight hours, volunteers receive free admission to the conference, including access to the plenary/celebration, exhibit hall, education sessions, closing plenary and the show program. If you’re interested, consider registering to become a USGBC Volunteer
at Greenbuild 2016.
The QR Codes below have been provided in order to make returning to these pages convenient on your mobile device:
What are QR Codes? They are a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information for reading by the camera on a smartphone