Greenbuild offers continuing education credit for all core education sessions, most expo hall education, workshops and tours. Greenbuild 2013 offered continuing education credit for more than 100 educational opportunities. Most courses are approved for credit for multiple credentials.
Accrediting organizations include:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
As of 8/7/14 147 Greenbuild courses have been approved for AIA HSW Learning Units, totaling 257 CE Hours. See the Greenbuild Education Sessions page for continuing education details on each course by clicking the session title.
Your attendance in AIA-approved courses at Greenbuild will be automatically reported to AIA the week of. To enroll in this program, simply provide your AIA number when registering for Greenbuild and scan in for every session and activity. Don't know your AIA number? Visit the AIA Support page
USGBC will automatically submit your sessions and LUs accumulated to AIA. You can print a certificate of your session attendance for your records after the conference in case of any discrepancies on your transcript.
- Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)USGBC is a provider for BOMI International. Greenbuild 2013 qualified for BOMI International Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit for RPA, FMA, and/or SMA graduates. To receive credit for course attendance, make sure that your badge is scanned at the entrance to each education session you attend. Attendees will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for BOMI-Approved course attendance on-site at Greenbuild. Check back for a listing of BOMI-Approved courses.
- Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDEC)
USGBC will apply to IDCEC for selected courses. Check back for a listing of approved courses.
- American Planning Association (APA)
USGBC is not an education provider for APA. However, attendees can self-report continuing education credit to APA. Attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion as a record of their course attendance. APA members can log self-reported credits electronically from the CM activities calendar by clicking on the "speaker toggle" and following the provided instructions. Learn more about on self-reporting through APA.
Full conference attendees can earn more than 15 continuing education credits and fulfill credential maintenance for the year through core education sessions, expo hall education, and the opening and closing plenaries.
- Earn up to 10 hours: Core education sessions – earn 1 credit per hour of education
- Earn 3 hours: Opening and closing plenaries – earn 1.5 credits per event
- Earn up to 10 hours: Expo Hall sessions, including Expo Hall Discussion Sessions, Education Labs and some Expo Stage Sessions – earn 1 credit per hour of education
To receive credit, you need to scan in for every session and activity.
You cannot earn credit for a course if you enter the course later than ten minutes after the start of the session, or do not scan into a course. Additionally, you will not be able to scan into two sessions at once; only the second session will be recorded.
Attendees will be able to download their course attendance records on-site at Greenbuild through Greenbuild Event Explorer.
LEED Professional CMP Hours
+ Show more